<sys/stream.h> and <sys/ptem.h> in System V release 3.2

Pim Zandbergen pim at cti-software.nl
Tue Nov 14 09:42:30 AEST 1989

In some of the software that is coming over the net, of which
nn and less come to my mind, the  system's ability to perform
dynamic window size changing is determined by an #ifdef TIOCGWINSZ.

The software then thinks it is being compiled on some kind of BSD
system and assumes a struct winsize has been declared.

But in System V release 3.2, TIOCGWINSZ is defined in <sys/termio.h>,
but the struct winsize is not declared there.

grepping the system header files in INTERACTIVE 386/ix has shown
<sys/stream.h> and <sys/ptem.h> should be #included to declare
struct winsize, and then everything compiles just fine.

But in System V 3.2.1 for the AT&T 3B2, TIOCGWINSZ is defined in <sys/termio.h>,
but there is no <sys/stream.h> nor a <sys/ptem.h>.

Are these include files part of standard System V release 3.2 ?

Maybe I forgot to install something? I remember, with INTERACTIVE
you should install the STREAMS package to get these header files.

This is what's on our 3B2:

C Programming Language: Issue 4 Version 2
Software Generation Utilities: Issue 4 Version 2
Extended Software Generation Utilities: Issue 4 Version 1
Advanced C Utilities: Issue 4 Version 1
Source Code Control Utilities
System Header Files: Release 3.2.1 V3
Pim Zandbergen                                   domain : pim at cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                                  uucp   : ..!uunet!ctisbv!pim
Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70                    phone  : +31 70 542302
2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands               fax    : +31 70 512837