Spontaneous Lockups in Xenix386

Bruce A. McIntyre bruce at mdi386.UUCP
Thu Nov 16 00:50:52 AEST 1989

I am running into a problem with a client, and want to know if anyone
on the net may have a suggestion..
The equipment is:
	Mylex 16mhz 386 with 4MB memory, 2 71MB drives, Archive 60MB tape
	SCO 386 2.2.3 running Foxbase, Lyrix5, Progress, SCO Pro 2.0
	12 users on Computone AdvantageX boards

The problem is that at sporadic times, the system just locks up solid.
There is no warning, the swap doesn't seem overloaded (6MB swap) and
there is never any error messages in /usr/adm/messages.  Since this
board can't expand beyond 4MB memory, and I can't upgrade them 'til
next year, I can't add memory at this time.

Has anyone else run into this?  Do you have any suggestions to try and
locate the problem?  As you might suspect, the client is becomming a
little testy about lost work.  (The primary use is for text editing).

bruce