Pic on ISC's 386/ix 2.0.2 locks system hard.

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Tue Nov 28 12:44:51 AEST 1989

In article <LARRY.89Nov27153954 at focsys.uucp>, larry at focsys.uucp (Larry Williamson) writes:
> I'm pretty sure that Jetroff is not the trouble, running pic alone on
> the command line still causes trouble (ie. pic <x.mm >y.tmp). But,
> what does seem to be a part of the trouble is the 387! On another
> machine here, one without the 387, but otherwise the much the same,
> pic runs fine.

It sounds like you are running into the old 386 problem with the 387 in
multitasking environments.  There is a software solution that
can be configured into the kernel (can't remember exactly what it is named).

Several board manufacturers have come up with a $100 hardware solution.  Not
sure how successfull that is.  (Bell Tech, now Intel, was one of them).