Unix based PC networking

Richard Foulk richard at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu
Wed Oct 4 11:31:15 AEST 1989

In article <271 at trux.UUCP> car at trux.UUCP (Chris Rende) writes:
} We will be implementing a fairly large, multi-server/multi-site network.
}
} Systems to be networked include PC's (>100) and several unix systems (~6).
} The PC's need access to file servers, 3270 gateways, and direct access
} to other unix systems on the network.
}
} We want a unix-based network OS and are currently looking at Banyan Vines
} to run on a 386 box or a Banyan server.

I suggest you take a look at PC-NFS also.

Richard Foulk		richard at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu