Uninterruptible power supplies for 386s

Dr. Scump aland at infmx.UUCP
Sat Oct 21 05:35:28 AEST 1989

I am also looking for recommendations for UPSs for a fully-loaded
386 running UNIX.  A recent PC Week review gave good marks to the
Para Systems Minuteman 300, though I am also hearing some good
things about the TrippLite models (which weren't reviewed in this
article).

My basic requirements are at least 300 watts of power, at least 10-12
minutes power backup, surge/spike protection, brownout/dropout
protection, and some audible and/or visible alarm.  Most models in
this class fulfill all of these.

Please email; I will summarize again.  Thanks in advance.

--
    Alan S. Denney  @  Informix Software, Inc.
         {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland                 "I want to live!