VGA-->Mistubishi Diamond scan cable??

Tom Yager tyager at apollo.HP.COM
Thu Oct 19 06:25:00 AEST 1989

Simple question: Where may I find a cable that will work for
connecting a VGA card to a Mitsubshi Diamond Scan monitor?
I've got the 20-inch variety (HL6905?) that accepts the four
BNC coax connectors in the back. I noticed some people here
seem to be using that combination, so this seemed like a
reasonable place to turn.

I did check some computer stores in my area, and none of them
even knew what I was talking about (not unusual). I was told
that a cable for an NEC or Sony multisync monitor might not
work, though. Not wishing to toast either my board or my
monitor, I'm loathe to get someone's else's cable and just
try it. Besides, they are somewhat expensive.

I know it exists--I've seen a Mitsubishi part number for it (it's
billed as a "PS/2 cable"). That doesn't help me since I can't order it
directly from them.  If anyone knows of a store in New England where I
can buy this cable, or of a mail-order source, please drop me a line.

Thanks.
(ty)

+-Tom Yager, Apollo Computer (for now), Byte Magazine (soon)------------------+
| I speak only for myself.                            tyager%maxx at m2c.m2c.org |