Purpose of .i386 newsgroup

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Fri Oct 6 05:41:55 AEST 1989

In article <385 at csense.UUCP>, bote at csense.UUCP (John Boteler) writes:
> yet the majority of articles refer to ISC UNIX. In fact, one guy
> told me the i386 nomer referred specifically to Interactive's
> product.

Well, that guy is wrong. I proposed this newsgroup and ran the vote, and I
explicitly included all intel-80386 versions of UNIX in the charter. Not only
are Bell Tech/ENIX/SCO/whatever other System-V versions welcomed, but so is
Sun's 386i.

I'm using iNTeL/Bell Tech System V/386 here.
--
Peter da Silva, *NIX support guy @ Ferranti International Controls Corporation.
Biz: peter at ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180. Fun: peter at sugar.hackercorp.com. `-_-'