A rival to DPT?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.on.ca
Mon Oct 23 00:35:56 AEST 1989

I am told DPT is not the only company making caching AT-bus ESDI
controllers. Consensys, a company which has been doing relatively
well selling intelligent (NS32032-based) serial boards, also has a
product called Powerstor which copes with two ESDI drives, using
between 1 and 4 meg of its own chache.

Naturally, the folks at Consensys say they have a DPT board and can't
believe how much worse it performs than theirs. Of course, I believe them
implicitly.

:-)

(In order to do this, however, Consensys supplies its own drivers. This
is DEFINITELY not signal-compatible with the WD controllers.)

Does anyone have any experience with this Consensys ESDI board?
--
   Evan Leibovitch, Sound Software, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
                 evan at telly.on.ca / uunet!attcan!telly!evan