How do I get transparent telnet from Xyplex to 386/ix

Larry Campbell campbell at redsox.bsw.com
Mon Oct 30 01:55:43 AEST 1989

Problem:  we want to have a remote site dial up our Xyplex Maxserver 1500
terminal server (speaks LAT and TCP/IP), connect (via telnet) to our 386/ix
system, and do uucp.

I *cannot* figure out how to get this to work.  A test program which just
spits out all control characters shows that something in the path eats null
characters, and inserts a null after each bare carriage return.

On the Xyplex I've done SET SESSION PASSALL and SET TELNET BINARY SESSION
DEFAULT PASSALL, as well as SET PORT TELNET NEWLINE NOTHING.

On the 386/ix box we're running ISC's host-based TCP/IP.

What am I missing?
--
Larry Campbell                          The Boston Software Works, Inc.
campbell at bsw.com                        120 Fulton Street