Backup utilities for ix-386

Ron Pfeifle rfpfeifle at watcgl.waterloo.edu
Tue Oct 17 23:55:20 AEST 1989

In article <[253554b6:333.1]comp.unix.i386;1 at vpnet.UUCP> lisbon at vpnet.UUCP (Gerry Swetsky) writes:
>> Does anyone know of a better utility for backup (onto tape) than
>> "backup" and "restore". I'm looking for something along the lines
>> of "dump".
>
>    Does "backup" even work?  I got a syntax error at line 258,
>    "done unexpected".
I got the same error, and although I don't claim to know if this really
helped, I found that line 258 (done) isn't paired with any begin loop.
I commented that line out, and it seems to work now.

Warning:  I'm not advocating this change--I'm just saying that it seemed
to fix the problem for ME. (BTW this is /usr/bin/backup, not the one
in the sysadm menu tree)

Ron