Emacs on 386/ix

Steven H. Izen izen at amelia.nas.nasa.gov
Sat Oct 14 14:48:46 AEST 1989

A while ago there was a discussion here on getting Emacs built on 386/ix.
I recall some people claimed to have done this successfully.

I am currently trying to do this myself.  I had to undef TIOCGETC to keep
sysdep.c from getting confused by the Xenix hooks in termio.h.  I also had
to keep various includes from getting included more than once.  Finally, to
get the thing built, I had to add #include <X11/Xos.h> to x11term.c.

When the make was finally finished and installed, I tried running it.
I got a fatal error(10) Bus error-core dumped message.

Did I miss something?  What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.
Please mail replies and I'll summarize.  If this has already been
discussed, I apologize for wasting bandwidth.  In that case could someone
send the previous discussions to me?

Thanx in advance.

--
Steve Izen: {sun,uunet}!cwjcc!skybridge!izen386!steve
or steve%izen386.uucp at skybridge.scl.cwru.edu
or izen at cwru.cwru.edu		"My second bike is a car."