X5 Update - Serial Bugs

John M. Haugen haugen at bulus3.BMA.COM
Fri Oct 13 00:41:57 AEST 1989

In article <[2531618a:210]comp.unix.i386 at tronsbox.UUCP>, tron1 at tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:

> Well, I am about ready to give up on ISC 2.0.2 .
>
> If there is anyone who has managed to get a GOOD asy device running from any
> source, I could really use the help.

I my case, I was able to get the X5 update to work.  I am running a 20 Mhz
386 Micro Channel machine with a Telebit Tralblazer Plus plugged into the
serial port.  This machine uses a 16550 UART so the FIFO gets used.

I now have the modem set to 19200 and see effective transfer rates of
1100 chars/sec on occasion.  I have not seen any problems with spurious
signals.  Incoming doesn't seem to be having any problems either though that
has not been tested as thoroughly.

I am using acu0 for outgoing, ttyd0 for incoming and am using getty, not
uugetty for incoming.

At least someone isn't flaming ISC for this update.

John M. Haugen             Domain:  haugen at BMA.COM
Bull Micral of America     UUCP:    ...!uunet!bulus3!haugen
1970 Oakcrest Ave. #300    ATT:  612-633-5660
St. Paul, MN  55113-2624