UNIX Driver for Roland MPU-401-IPC

Dennis S. Breckenridge root at nebulus.UUCP
Wed Apr 11 21:22:24 AEST 1990

In article <1400 at otc.otca.oz> ronb at otc.otca.oz.au (Ron Barrett) writes:

> Does anyone know where I get get my hands on a UNIX driver for a Roland
> MPU-401-IPC that'll be running in a 386 box. SCO Unix/Xenix or 386-ix drivers
> preferred.

Contact the AT&T Toolchest folks at 1-201-522-6900. There is a package
called "keynote" that supports the MPU401 and provides a "AWK" like
language for MIDI programming. It's not a perfect world, the timing
does go awry after 6 or 7 bars. Apparently there will be a correction
for SVr4 (the kernel has a better timekeeper).