X Windows and UNIX 386 compatibility

HIM tron1 at tronsbox.UUCP
Sun Apr 8 10:08:54 AEST 1990

><>
>Item:1076  About: X Windows and UNIX 386 compatibility
>There are obviously at least a few different ways the IPC could
>be implemented on System V (shared memory, fifo's, etc.).

Yes, but it is >my< impression that your program doesn't care. There is a
standard X-Windows supplied IPC that handles the translation to whatever the
native IPC is. Thus , you don't care what the physical IPC method is.

As for your output on other diosplays, if you use standard ways to parse the
command lines "-display" option, that is solved as well..

Robert Wagner and Shirley Maclaine Secretly Wed in San Jose, It's Official.
 -- Exclusive Pictures Inside.

Kenneth J. Jamieson: Xanadu Enterprises Inc. "Professional Amiga Software"
{uunet , ddsw1}!tronsbox!tron1    origional text is Copryright 1990.
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568