Error-correcting modems & uucp

Gary Blumenstein garyb at crpmks.UUCP
Fri Apr 13 23:32:28 AEST 1990

In article <1990Apr9.125628.4431 at ddsw1.MCS.COM> karl at mcs.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:
>[stuff about configuring Telebits deleted..]
>
>The problem with the Equinox boards isn't that they wouldn't like to support
>hardware flow control, it's that they couldn't get 24 ports worth of flow
>control signals + modem control + data lines out the back of the board!

Karl,

If I'm not mistaken, I beleive the next Equinox drivers will let you borrow
additional signals from ANY port.  Hence you will be able to get both
harware flow control with modem control on the same line.  Don't ask me how on
earth they did this but its going to make for some interesting cabling!  :-)

-gb

--
Gary M. Blumenstein, UNIX Network Administrator // CIBA-GEIGY Corporation USA