Adaptec ESDI controller under ix/2.0.2

Bruce M Ong DeadHead at cup.portal.com
Wed Apr 11 10:39:38 AEST 1990

Has anybody tried to instal InterActive 2.0.2 for a 158MB maxtor with
an adaptec ACB-2322B controller? I installed the software from the
boot diskette, and it went fine. But when I tried to boot from the
hard disk, it hung (nothing on screen, not even "Booting UNIX...") with
both the harddisk and the floppy disk spinning. I have the disk pre-formatted
w/o translation, buffersize on the adaptor card=8K (as InterActive tech
support suggested)... but, alas, no luck.

Any hints would be appreciated, thanks!

Bruce