Problems with UUCP and Telebits

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Fri Apr 13 21:40:03 AEST 1990

> Not necessarily; the 16550AFN will use it's buffers regardless (ie. it
> won't loose characters), though the interrupt overhead won't be
> reduced unless the software explicitly uses the FIFOs - particularly
> the transmitter.

The FASY drivers are drop in replacements for the 386/ix drivers and
work excellent with 16550AFN chips.  The latest version is available
here on nstar.

> Agreed, but they're very expensive.

not really - I am currently running with a Computone Intelliport -
and I must admit it took a couple of months to get the correct drivers
working with one of the 3 sets of proms they mailed me - but for around
$500 6 smart ports that can products 1650 cps without any kind of load
on the CPU isn't bad..

--
...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry  -or-  larry at nstar