ESIX, X11, problems, xque.h

Tom Friedel tpf at jdyx.UUCP
Thu Apr 12 00:50:44 AEST 1990

I've got a developer copy of Esix Rev C, 4 meg, AST 386/33.
Can't get X11 to run for more than about 5 seconds.  Locks
the machine up.  Tech support couldn't help, but I gave them
very little to go on.  Suggested maybe I get more physical memory.
I have tried several video cards, mice, reinstallations, but not more
memory (don't have any)...

I was also curious about the xque.h file, which is copyrighted
AT&T, but not included in 386/ix.  Seems ESIX doesn't come with the
standard Unix mouse routines, and perhaps uses this instead, but
the header file references a xq_init() function I can't find on my
disk, nor is there a man page.

tom
--
Tom Friedel  JDyx Enterprises (404) 320-7624 tpf at jdyx.UUCP
Unix BBS:  (404) 325-1719 <= 2400 ; (404) 321-5020 >= 2400