Error-correcting modems & uucp

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Mon Apr 9 05:10:27 AEST 1990

In article <816 at ramona.Cary.NC.US>, andrew at ramona.Cary.NC.US (Andrew Ernest) writes:
> Hmmm.  I've been using full duplex RTS/CTS flow control ever since I
> installed Jim Murray's async driver and locked the interface speed on
> my T2000.  2400 bps uucp callers get 222 - 227 cps.  Would it be much
> better without flow control?
>
> I agree about MNP...use only if necessary.

Why not use MNP all the time?  With the modem locked at 19200 to the
machine - even 2400 baud callers with MNP get transfers in the 280cps
range if their modem is also locked at a higher baud rate.

I would assume if you kept your blazer locked at a fixed DTE speed -
slower speed MNP callers would also get a throughput greater than
the connect speed.

--
...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry  -or-  larry at nstar