Which Unix to Buy?

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM
Tue Aug 28 18:06:33 AEST 1990

In article <2743 at anomaly.sbs.com> mpd at anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) writes:
>edevin at corwin.CCS.Northeastern.EDU (ted devin) writes:
>>	- Price
>>	  I would like to make this a economical as possible.  This is
>>	  only a minor point.  A couple hundred dollars is 'minor'.  Several
>>	  hundred to a thousand is not.
>
>If you think you're going to get off for a "few hundred" for a complete
>UNIX OS, then you're only kidding yourself. Most UNIX OS's (XENIX, ESIX, etc)
>run over $500 for the OS.

At the risk of anticipating Ted's own response --

I think it's clear from context that he is saying a couple of hundred
dollars' DIFFERENCE in price is a minor point -- not that he expects to
pay a couple of hundred, total.

--
"I feel like I know her, but sometimes        /\/\    Tom Neff
my arms bend back." -- Laura's dream cousin  / /  \   tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM