UNIX Driver for JUMBO Tape Backup

Metallica Rules savage at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Fri Aug 31 17:17:56 AEST 1990

In article <3819 at sactoh0.SAC.CA.US> enc at sactoh0.SAC.CA.US (Erez N. Carmel) writes:
>I have a Colorado Memory Systems tape backup, which used to serve
>under DOS.  CMS does not seem to have a Unix driver available. Did
>anybody have any Unix success with this drive?  Can VPIX help?

Colorado Memory Systems has been working on this problem for a while.
I received a beta version back in feb, and just recently called them
back for an update.  They said the might be going on the market with
their completed driver and software sometime next week.  The told
me to call back on the 4th of Sept. and see if they are producing it yet
and not having more problems.  But what ever they have must be allot
better than the beta version I have.  Give them a call at their new
800 number

1-800-432-5858

and ask for their Jumbo tape driver for a UNIX system.

About VPIX???  I havn't tried it.

Chuck
savage%tigger at boulder.colorado.edu