Wildcards don't work on NFS mounted file system

Larry Williamson larry at focsys.uucp
Wed Aug 8 05:22:04 AEST 1990

In article <LARRY.90Aug2091559 at focsys.uucp> I wrote complaining about
wildcards not working properly on our 386/ix machine on directories
that were NFS links to Mips file servers.

It appears from all the mail I've received that this is a bug in the
applications that are doing the wild card expansion.

The version of ksh, emacs, and other applications we are using are
trying to read directories without using the proper directory(3)
routines (opendir(3), readdir(3), closedir(3), etc).

Emacs I can fix. Some of the other applications I can fix. Ksh I
cannot fix. And of course, this is the one tool we use all day long
where wildcards are the most valuable! :-(

This ksh we are using is left over from our old Microport SV/AT system
(which has been sitting on my book shelf for a couple of years now).
So I don't think there is much I can do to get it fixed.  Anyone have
any ideas where I can get a good copy of ksh for 386/ix?

Thanks for the response.

-Larry