SCO UNIX 3.2 Failure: df Command

Peter Ziobrzynski peter at nixtdc.uucp
Thu Aug 9 14:25:53 AEST 1990

In <135 at happym.wa.com> irv at happym.wa.com (Irving Wolfe) writes:
>When I type "df" on my SCO system, I get:
>df: no authorization to query disk space.

We experience the same stuff here running SCO ODT1.0 (continuation of
the SCO UNIX tradition). We think that ODT stands for the "Open Dust Bin"
in free interpretation.  Our problems with df are even more puzzling here
because it happens only to some users while login accounts have been set up
the same way by the single person.  We haven't found the reason yet
but my theory is that it may be due to some environment variables set or
not set or uid being in some range - fiddle with your .login/.cshrc it may help.
I also had a similar nonsense with csh core dumping in the .cshrc because
of the "set path" being long (>160 chars).
Your SCO impressions are pretty close to ours.
--
Peter Ziobrzynski                       uucp: uunet!geac!nixtdc!peter
Nixdorf Toronto Development Center      416 496-8510