Another ISC 386/ix bug?

Vidiot brown at vidiot.UUCP
Wed Feb 21 04:45:36 AEST 1990

In article <654400006 at cdp> steve at cdp.UUCP writes:
<
<vidot!brown wrote :
<
<> Entering commands on the keyboard fails to do anything...
<
<We have a similar problem.  Each tty port, all virtual consoles,
<and the main console (but not virtual X.25 sessions over non-tty
<devices), act as if 2 processes are reading from the /dev/tty* .
<So, some characters make it, and some don't.
<
<The problem goes away without booting, if I bang on the console
<for a while (switch virtual consoles, type a lot, etc.).
<The problem also goes away if I power cycle a modem on
<an Anvil Stallion tty board.
<
<ISC support says (as usual), it is the fault of the Stallion
<driver, but the Anvil folks (who have good support), haven't
<seen this behaviour before.

Sounds like ISC support needs to wake up and pass this bug along to the
correct development people, since I do not have said Stallion driver,
or board.  I just have the internal Compaq 386/20e comm port and a generic
PC comm serial card.

It doesn't happen very often, but it has happened to me twice so far.
--
      harvard\     att!nicmad\              cs.wisc.edu!astroatc!vidiot!brown
Vidiot  ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown