which way to go

Rick McCalla rick at comspec.UUCP
Tue Feb 6 03:53:49 AEST 1990

We are a small company that has been using Xenix as the base for computer
systems that mainly serve companies as a central database for custom
accounting applications, spreadsheets and wordprocessing.  Although we haven't
put in any as yet there is also some future requirements for networking and
VPix.  In all previous applications users were supported through intelligent
IO cards.

Up to now we have been using SCO Xenix 286 and 386 but with all the talk about
SCO phasing out Xenix we have been thinking of going to a 386 Unix as our base
platform.

This has left me totally confused as to which way to go as there seems to be a
lot of gripes about all the Unix's.  One person will recommend one and another
will say that it is slow or buggy.  Two we are thinking about is SCO Unix and
Interactive 386ix.

Does anyone have any comments about which will be the best way to go as far as
performnace, price, support and how buggy is it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Comspec Communications Inc.                 | Rick McCalla  ----- rick at comspec
Toronto, Ontario  Canada                    |----------------------------------