Second ST506 controller with Xenix 386AT (2.3.2)

Mark J. DeFilippis mark at promark.UUCP
Wed Feb 14 15:41:01 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb12.005307.10870 at metro.ucc.su.oz.au>, dawes at extro.ucc.su.oz.au (D H Dawes) writes:

> I am trying to add a second ST506 hard disk controller to my 386 running
> Xenix.

You want to use port 170H. (Which is the alternate address on most every
controller I have seen)
You want to use pin D6, interrupt 15 on the board. (Interrupt 37 in master file)

Note, First controller uses pin D7, interrupt 14.  You can locate these
pins by looking at the solder side of the board with the bracket to the left.
>From the left side near the bracket you will have 31 gold fingers and then
the notch.  From the notch counting to the right is D1, D2... D6, D7.. Dn.

to create the nodes via mknod() for the new controller use

mkdev hd 0 1

(Note: This material provided orig. by Dave Dillabough.)
uunet!van-bc!dilltk!dave

I also have a blip which came to me from SCO.  If you want it I can
make a cpy and mail it to you, or I can fax it to you if you have a
fax.  It details even more what I discuss briefly above.  I can be
reached at the tele-number in my signature.
--
Mark J. DeFilippis
SA @ Department of Mathematics and Computer Science