poor uucp performance - help!

Don R Lyons lyons at cdss.UUCP
Fri Feb 16 18:19:26 AEST 1990

I have purchased a telebit trailblazer+ to reduce my uunet phonebills .
The system I am using is a 16MHz, Acer 386 running SCO Unix 3.2.0 . I
know the TB+ is in PEP mode running the uucp proto 'cause I watched a
xfer with uucico in debug mode. I have the following entries in the
Systems and Devices file :

Systems -> uunet Any ACU 19200 9-7038765055u ogin: ...

Devices -> ACU tty2a - 300-19200 dialTBIT \T

I am seeing uucp xfers @ 300cps and news as low as 20cps.

Is there something I am missing ? How do I get the modem to only establish
a connection with uunet at 9600bps ?  Finally , is it possible that my xfer
stats are misleading ? I dont know.

Any help will be appreciated.

PS : is {ames,sun,uunet}!telebit!modems alive ?