Dangers of boosting allowable shared memory in V/386 3.2.2?

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Thu Feb 15 22:23:27 AEST 1990

In article <3381 at infmx.UUCP>, aland at infmx.UUCP (Dr. Scump) writes:
> exceeding the regular mtune limits, but they don't say why or give
> guidelines for SHM* parameters in large memory configurations.

I've bumped my limits by increasing the number of buffers (NBUF)
to 1500 and the write behind from 15 to 180 seconds which really
increases the system performance.

                uucp: larry at nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry
               4 inbound dialup high speed line public access system