Second ST506 controller with Xenix 386AT (2.3.2)

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Mon Feb 12 23:29:00 AEST 1990

dawes at extro.ucc.su.oz.au (D H Dawes) writes:

>I am trying to add a second ST506 hard disk controller to my 386 running
>Xenix.  I can change the I/O base address and the interrupt the controller
>uses, but I don't know what to change them to.  I have tried a few
>combinations, but Xenix is not recognising these.  I would appreciate
>some help here.

Base address of 0x170, interrupt = 37.  You will have to do the low-level
format before changing the settings, as most programs will not recognize
these settings.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.