386 UNIX tcp/ip connections to existing ethernets: examples desired

Dr. Scump aland at infmx.UUCP
Wed Feb 14 13:15:24 AEST 1990

I'd like to hear from any sites who have networked 386 UNIX boxes
(running System V/386 Release 3.2+, whether AT&T, 386/ix, SCO UNIX,
or whatever) with pre-existing UNIX ethernet setups, especially
if the Wollongong WIN/tcp for Streams product was used.

My objective:  adding some AT&T 386 UNIX boxes to our existing
network (uses "thinnet" ethernet cable, if that makes a difference),
which consists primarily of Sun and Pyramid boxes.  I know that
the Micom/Interlan product that AT&T sells works, but I'd like
to set it up using more standard network cards (like 3Com 3C503
or WD 8003E) such that the same card can be used for UNIX-UNIX
or DOS-UNIX (e.g. Sun's PC-NFS) use.

On a related note, I'd also like to hear from anybody using the
AT&T EN100 card with the WIN/tcp software (PE Code 2614111 ??)
combination that AT&T is currently recommending.  Wollongong's
direct sales people are telling me that the EN100 is not supported,
so I'm really confused...

Please provide any pertinent details (hardware used, TCP/IP package,
versions, etc.) via email, and I will summarize if there is interest.

Thanks in advance.

--
Alan S. Denney  @  Informix Software, Inc.       "We're homeward bound
aland at informix.com  {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland   ('tis a damn fine sound!)