Problems with 2nd floppy 1.44 3 1/2"

sys mngr terry at pride38.UUCP
Sat Feb 3 10:20:42 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jan30.213625.11942 at griffin.itc.gu.oz>, justin at griffin.itc.gu.oz (MMAX) writes:
>                                                           The 1.2 drive is
> the boot drive and it works fine but the 3 1/2" drive will not format disks
> in 1.44 mode.  The 3 1/2" drive is recognised at boot time but does not seem
> to have any address information associated with it.
>
>               Justin Chandler
>               Griffith University.

my first question is does the controler card understand a 3.5?????
ihave 2.3.0 and have no trouble with my 3.5 as a second drive
ialso have 2.1.2 286 Xenix and an OLD controler card, IT just kinda goes " you
want to do what??? " and randomly hands out different errors.

have you looked in /etc/dev  to be shure the 3.5's are there??
Terry @...!pride386
hmmm now was that starve a coma & feed a hangover or.................