heretical SCO Open Desktop question

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.on.ca
Mon Feb 19 02:47:18 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb18.032549.13220 at pcrat.uucp> rick at pcrat.UUCP (Rick Richardson) writes:
>In article <1990Feb17.021923.11209 at NCoast.ORG> allbery at NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery) writes:

>>Is any third-party vendor planning to port Open Look to "SCO's" version of X?

>I would guess that Open Look will arrive on SCO with SVR4.  Its
>the same story at INTERACTIVE.

SCO has made no commitment to use release 4, and may indeed choose not
to license it. SCO has not been at any of the press conferences Unix
International has held on SVR4, and was consipcuously absent from the UI
release 4 displays at Uniforum and Unix Expo...

Which means some third party will still have to port Open Look.

--
Evan Leibovitch, Sound Software, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
   evan at telly.on.ca / {uunet!attcan,utzoo}!telly!evan / (416) 452-0504