Ventura Publisher under uport dosmerge

Petri Alhola petri at digiw.UUCP
Sat Feb 17 07:01:13 AEST 1990

In article <469 at everex.UUCP> jde at everex.UUCP (-Jeff Ellis) writes:
>In article <131672 at sun.Eng.Sun.COM> williamt at sun.UUCP (William A. Turnbow) writes:
>>	For some obscure reason, Ventura does not run in dosmerge.
>>	Also, does anyone know of other 386 unix flavors that have dos
>>compatibility software that Ventura will run with?
>
>I have run Ventura with VP/ix under ESIX Rev. C.
>I have tried the pro additions also. I have not seen any problems,
>well...... printing takes a long time!

	I am using ventura with VP/ix 1.1 and it works nicely. It is true
	that printing is slow in big files. I use Ventura and Windows 2.1 and
	Corel DRAW drowing program and i do printing with Postscript
	laser connected in my 386/ix server. The fastest way to do
	is printing into file. It is wery easy with ventura and
	Corel DRAW. Then just switch into other virtual console and
	print file out. and it ih 100 times faster.

	Petri Alhola
	petri at digiw.fi