(N)TROFF for ESIX - I need it!

Phil Hughes fyl at ssc.UUCP
Wed Feb 14 05:43:08 AEST 1990

In article <550 at tmiuv0.uucp>, rick at tmiuv0.uucp writes:
> [     Hey, line eater...choke on this, sucker! ]
>
> Hi, gang. I hate to waste bandwidth with this, but I need to know...
> Is there a place where I can get a copy of TROFF or NTROFF or whatever
> for use on ESIX SVR3.2 (Everex Unix on 386)?

I expect you received a bunch of replies about all the companies that
are well known in this business.   Here is another that you may not have
heard of - Urban Applied Science.

They have an enhanced version of troff (yes, you can play with it like
regular ditroff too) called Leverage.  They sell it along with either a
PostScript or HP Lazerjet driver.  The HP driver is jetroff.

I just started using it with ESIX and it seems to work fine.  I added some
fonts from DigiFont as well and all is well.  I have a Panasonic
"immitation LaserJet" on the ESIX system.

Their phone number is 201-242-7230.  They may also have an 800 number but
all the documentation is with the ESIX system which is 6 blocks away.
--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
     uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl            (206)527-3385