Second ESDI disk w/ Bell Tech SYS V/386

Paul T. Keener keener at upenn5.hep.upenn.edu
Sat Feb 24 07:23:08 AEST 1990

I have a WD1007A-WA2 ESDI/floppy Disk Controller and am currently running
Bell Tech's SYS V/386.  I have a 170Meg Maxtor that is full and want to
buy another ESDI disk.  A number of questions:

	[1] Is there any problems added the second disk wrt the OS?

	[2] Is there any real/praticle limit to the size of the disk?
	    My three options are 160, 340, or 680 Meg.  I am leaning
	    towards the 340 because I don't think 160 is enough and
	    suspect there may be a problem with getting a 680 Meg disk
	    to work.  Is there really a problem, or am I just being paranoid?
	    (BTW, these are all Micropolis.)

	[3] Are there any gotchas that I should be aware of?

Thanx for your help.

	-paul

keener at upenn5.hep.upenn.edu / Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not
keener at penndrls.upenn.edu  / fully human.  At best he is a tolerable subhuman