ATI VGA Wonder on ISC

Michael J. Young mjy at charis.UUCP
Fri Feb 16 23:05:19 AEST 1990

In article <26928 at cup.portal.com> Dante_A_Nicolello at cup.portal.com writes:
>I have an ATI VGA wonder card and can't seem to get it working
>with ISC X11 1.1 in the 800 X 600 mode.

I'm having the same problems.  800x600 mode works fine under DOS, but
under ISC X11 I get garbage.  I swapped in a friends ATI wonder with the
same results, so I don't think it's the card.

The interesting thing is that I found an ATI wonder which works in 800x600
mode.  The difference is that the one that works has a mouse interface
(mine doesn't), and the VGA BIOS proms on mine are version 4.0, and the
other board has older proms (3.?M -- I can't remember the exact version).

I think ATI has changed something on their board that ISC doesn't know
about yet.
--
Mike Young
UUCP: lectroid!charis!mjy                              Tel: +1 508 568 1572