386 based UNIX & 16mbps Token Ring/Novell???

Rao brr at abcom.ATT.COM
Mon Feb 26 06:55:49 AEST 1990

In article <6729 at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu>, todd at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Todd Ogasawara) writes:
> I'm probably getting a 386 based UNIX system yet (I haven't figured out
> which one to buy yet... Possibly ESIX... Maybe SCO UNIX 386) and would
> like to connect it to an existing 16 mbps token ring network using
> Novell's Advanced Netware software.
>
> I'd like to hear from anyone who has any experience with connecting a 386
> based UNIX box to a Novell token-ring network.... Thanks..todd
> --
> Todd Ogasawara, U. of Hawaii

	I have a question on similar lines?

		Q:
		Is is possibvle to have two Unix 386s connected over a token
		ring network. What Unix should I use, and what
			are the potential problems?

				Does ISC 2.2 TCP/IP and NFS work on Token-ring
					networks?

	Q2: Can a token ringed Novell network coexist with Unix
		or should Novell be removed while installing Unix?

		-	bindu rama rao