X on the 386

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Wed Feb 14 08:02:47 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb13.031759.1777 at tah386.manhattan.ks.us> terry at tah386.manhattan.ks.us (Terry Hull) writes:
> [for X] Minimum of 8 MB.

I've used X with 4 Meg, which was OK for 4 or 5 XTERM windows, but no good
for real X applications.

> Yes.  AT&T also has an X product.

Also, X is available from Intel for their V.3.2 version.

> >Are there any Open Look development packages available on the 386?
> Not that I'm aware of.  SCO's stuff will be heavily slanted toward Motif.

Intel's stuff comes with a bogus OpenLook style window manager, that
convinced me (if I needed convincing) that Open Look isn't what I want on
*my* screen.
--
 _--_|\  Peter da Silva. +1 713 274 5180. <peter at ficc.uu.net>.
/      \