AHA154x host adapter information wanted

Keith Ericson keithe at tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM
Wed Feb 7 20:05:51 AEST 1990

In article <11827 at frog.UUCP> jr at frog.UUCP (John Richardson) writes:

>   I develope SCSI drivers to do striping, shadowing, etc, which are host
>and target independant. I am interested to know what demand there could be
>for a source level SCSI driver product.

Well I, for one, have been waiting what seems like _for(steekeng)ever_
to get a decent UNIX with a decent SCSI driver/system in it.  (ESIX seems to
have a decent SCSI driver but its accompanying file system is, uh, er,
"slow" (can you spell "interminable?"); Intel has been looking for/promising
a SCSI system for their/Bell-Tech UNIX for as long as we've been working
with them; ISC is (so far) the best, but it's as expensive as ESIX is slow.

So, if you can come up with a working add-on SCSI driver - and figure out
which UNIXes are robust enough to actually _use_ the available speed - I
think you'd have yourself a little niche.  At least, until the much-promised
SysVR4 with it's promised SCSI support gets here ("real soon now," right?).

kEITHe