Ports cards on the 386 (was Re: X on the 386)

Dr. Scump aland at infmx.UUCP
Thu Feb 15 12:42:44 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb13.042736.24039 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.UUCP (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>>Any multiport serial board recommendations/warning?
>
>Eqinox megaport (12 or 24 ports/card) is great.
>Maxspeed card (8 ports/card) is pretty good
>Bell Tech ICC aint worth the expence (if it is still available)
>| Conor P. Cahill     uunet!virtech!cpcahil      	703-430-9247	!

In all the questions about ports cards that I've seen over the past
few months, I've never seen the Consensys POWERPORTS card mentioned.
Is *anybody* out there using it?  It supports 8 or 16 ports and
has an on-board NSC32000 for i/o control.  I have one on evaluation
right now -- haven't really put it thru its paces yet, but it seems
pretty good so far.  *Very* easy to install and configure, at least...
Anyway I'd appreciate hearing of any experiences with it (email, or
post if relevant).

--
Alan S. Denney # Informix # aland at informix.com # {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland

 "The driver says, 'One more cup of coffee and I'll be all right...'
  'Pop a Bennie, another Bennie'..."                - The Bobs, "Bus Plunge"