heretical SCO Open Desktop question

Rick Richardson rick at pcrat.uucp
Sun Feb 18 14:25:49 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb17.021923.11209 at NCoast.ORG> allbery at NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery) writes:
>Is any third-party vendor planning to port Open Look to "SCO's" version of X?

I would guess that Open Look will arrive on SCO with SVR4.  Its
the same story at INTERACTIVE.  To get it today, I think you have
to switch to AT&T's X; something I've had to seriously consider myself.

[ Now, would that be a third party UNIX (SCO's) hosting AT&T's X, or
would it be a third party X (AT&T's) hosted under SCO's UNIX? :-) ]

BTW, I share your feelings Re: Motif's look and feel, and there's some
solid technical reasons to not like it, and a some damn good market
share reasons to go with Open Look (Sun and AT&T).  On the other hand,
IBM's new RISC machines are a very convincing reason to go with what
big blue will use.

--
Rick Richardson - PC Research, Inc., uunet!pcrat!rick, (201) 389-8963