Unix System V DWB 2.0 mm letter macros are missing

Patrick Powell papowell at attila.cs.umn.edu
Sat Feb 3 01:49:12 AEST 1990

In article <LARRY.90Jan31070633 at pocus.uucp> larry at focsys.uucp (Larry Williamson) writes:

>There are some letter macros defined the DWB 2.0 manuals (both the
>software user's guide and the technical discussion and reference
>manual). Yet these macros are not a part of the mm macros as shipped
>with the Interactive 386/ix DWB V2.0.
>
>Does anyone know why?
>
>-larry

Having worked on a distribution of TROFF stuff,  I can understand:
the documented and shipped versions were different.  Usually the
documention was generated for some fancy "internal" stuff, but the
shipped was the generic "vanilla" form.  Personally,  I wish they
would ship the "rocky road" stuff, complete with bugs,  as long as
it kinda matched the documentation.

Patrick ("Kids have been playing Wierd Al for a week now") Powell
Prof. Patrick Powell, Dept. Computer Science, EECS 4-192,
University of Minnesota,  Minneapolis, MN 55455 (612)625-3543/625-4002