Blindingly fast disk I/O

David Mutterer dave at rylos.UUCP
Thu Feb 15 01:10:04 AEST 1990

In article <452 at shiloh.UUCP>, kmoore at shiloh.UUCP (kirk moore) writes:
> The WD7000fasst card is a real nice card ...
>	.
>	.
> I would recommend to anyone that is interested that they look into the
> card. .....
> 	.
> 	.

I just installed a 7000 FASST2 on my 386 running 386/IX 2.0.2
and using a ST-277N (seagate) that someone gave me. It works just
fine... I have an ESDI controller as my primary drive and use the
SCSI controller for a secondary drive.  Installation wasn't bad
although the automated script didn't work for me... (I have a lot
of things on this system they assume you don't) but 10 minutes of
manual labor and it was up and running.

And if anyone is interested, I'll be testing a Exabyte 8MM tape drive
soon.