ranting on serial I/O cards

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Fri Feb 23 22:32:43 AEST 1990

In article <196 at van-bc.UUCP>, sl at van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) writes:

> On Xenix even using 16450's will work for one or two Trailblazers quite
> nicely. On my system (25Mhz 386) I didn't really notice a tremendous load.
>
> With 16550's I have run three Trailblazers and three 2400 Hayes with little

Ahh - but with Xenix.  Unix would have problems with 3 blazers and 3 2400
baud modems all going full bang on dumb ports.  I wonder if 16550AFNs and
a replacement driver (FASY, Murray) would work in the above installation
(under 386/ix of course) supporting 6 modems?

                uucp: larry at nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry
               4 inbound dialup high speed line public access system