Second ESDI disk w/ Bell Tech SYS V/386

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Sun Feb 25 11:20:22 AEST 1990

In article <20822 at netnews.upenn.edu> keener at upenn5.hep.upenn.edu (Paul T. Keener) writes:
>	[1] Is there any problems added the second disk wrt the OS?

No.  just us the diskadd utility

>	[2] Is there any real/praticle limit to the size of the disk?

No.  The only thing to remember is that the fdisk style program will only
let you set the partition to 1023 or so cylinders.  However, once you
are past the fdisk, you can specify whatever is the correct number as long
as you put the unix partition last.

>	[3] Are there any gotchas that I should be aware of?

Nope.

BTW- I am running an Interactive 386/ix system with 2 680MB drives without
any problems.