Porting FAS serial driver to SCO UNIX

Andrew Burgess andy at netcom.UUCP
Sun Feb 25 09:14:55 AEST 1990

I am trying to port the fas serial driver (posted here in January)
to SCO UNIX. I've applied patch1 and did the following to get it to
compile and link.

  used makefile.ISC
  use i_fas-c1-2, s_fas-c1-2, n_fas-c1-2, config-c1-2
  defined NEED_PUT_GETCHAR in fas.h
  added sioputchar and siogetchar to fas.c to call corresponding asyget/putchar
  removed sio directory from /etc/conf/sdevice.d
  ifdef'ed out asm stuff in fas.c so $%&#! Microsoft cc works
  used major # 17 in /etc/conf/cf.d/mdevices for fas
  deleted entry for sio in /etc/conf/cf.d/mdevices

When I boot the new kernel it hangs after printing:

10 bits of I/O address decoding // this is normal
F1                              // this is normally printed and erased

I tried recompiling using ATT rcc (with asm stuff enabled) with same symptoms.

Has anyone done this port to SCO UNIX? I don't want to get dirty wallowing
in a device driver if I don't have to.

Please either post or email me at:

uunet!cichlid!aab

Please don't email to the address in the header.

Thank You

Andy Burgess