Memory Fault, core Dumped (ISC 2.0.1)

Gordon C. Galligher gorpong at telxon.UUCP
Thu Feb 22 07:42:22 AEST 1990

A while back (I don't know how long) I posted an RFH (Request For HEEEELP)
on this newsgroup about malloc() causing a memory fault and core dump on
Interactive Systems Corporation's 386/ix 2.0.1 and I received a couple of
on large (over 12K) programs requesting memory via the malloc() call.  It was
entirely inconsistent and it happened as root and whomever else.  If you
link the code with the -lmalloc option the problem goes away!  This causes
the linkage of the /lib/libmalloc.a file rather than the standard malloc()
call in the libc.a file.

My thanks for all who responded, and I greatly appreciate your help!!

		-- Gordon.

--
Gordon C. Galligher  <|> ..!uunet!telxon!gorpong <|> telxon!gorpong at uunet.uu.net
Telxon Corporation   <|> "I am attempting, ma'am, to make a mnemonic memory