Where can I order a hard disk (besides Hard Drives International)

Norman Kohn nvk at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Wed Feb 14 12:29:01 AEST 1990

In article <8252 at shlump.nac.dec.com> mattioli at took.dec.com (John R. Mattioli) writes:

>	I've now placed two orders with HDI and I've had two problems.  The
>first time it took them over three weeks to deliver my drive to me.  This
>wouldn't have been so bad, except that they told me 4 to 6 business days. The
>second time, they lost my order completely.

I've ordered a couple of drives and accessories from HDI over the years
and haven't had any trouble.  With any vendor, however, I first ask
if the item is being shipped from stock... and I often place no order,
or order with a void date, if not.  No vendor has complete control
over when he'll get stock from the mfr, though all seem to be
optimistic (and yes, sometimes I call back only to learn that
the item arrived but all have been sold. But then, I asked for it).

--
Norman Kohn   		| ...ddsw1!nvk
Chicago, Il.		| days/ans svc: (312) 650-6840