Using UUCP under a BBS system???

Randy Suess randy at chinet.chi.il.us
Mon Feb 19 05:01:20 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb15.204106.8719 at ddsw1.MCS.COM> karl at mcs.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:
]
]We used to run with a "chroot()"ed area.  So did Chinet, if I remember
]correctly.  Neither of us do now.  Hmmmm.... I don't know why Chinet stopped
]doing it, but I do know that disk consumption was part of the reason we
]quit.
]
	This was during the time of extreme security paranoia.  Chroot
	(under sysVr3.1 on a 3b2) worked out quite well, including
	a complete seperate set of /dev entries, links to most /usr stuff
	(/bin and /etc stuff had to be duplicated).  A number of programs
	were modified to work across the chroot partitions, including
	the conferencing system, and the party program.  Email was
	strictly within the chrooted area.
	It was finally removed due to other policy decisions, not because
	of unworkability.

	-randy
--
Randy Suess