Kernel Size limitation on Interactive 386/ix

marlene marlene at ncrday.Dayton.NCR.COM
Thu Feb 15 03:13:47 AEST 1990

When trying to link together TCP/IP, Starlan, and a WD7000 SCSI driver with
Interactive 2.02,  I can't boot the new kernel.  It just dies while trying to
boot.  Our initial reaction is the problem is the size of the kernel, because
we understand there is a size limitation of the kernel.  What is this size
limitation?  Is it /unix size? or is it memory needed for all kernel space?
Is there a way I can tell if this is the problem I am having for sure?

Any help would be appreciated.

Marlene Schrand
NCR - Systems Engineering
m.schrand\@dayton.ncr.com